But I'm sitting here enjoying the fact that my husband's ringtone beat the alarm clock this morning (after only a couple hours of sleep) and I got to wake up to him telling me how adorable my morning voice is (that is a disputable fact--the adorableness of my morning voice, that is). And that was like THE perfect way for me to start my day. It's been weeks since I have been able to begin a morning with the sound of his voice.
Reveling in the way I got to wake up this morning (after only a couple hours of sleep--did I mention that?) I am realizing that there actually is a bright spot to this painful thing called loneliness.
It's called: You appreciate the smallest things
- Just hearing his voice makes my day
- Just listening to him tell me he loves me makes my heart skip a beat
- A telephone call goes a long way
- The only way to communicate our love is to verbalize it--something that a person doesn't think to do as much when they're together.
- Simply put, I somehow appreciate my man a hundred times more than ever before (and I know... that's hard to imagine!)
Don't get me wrong, I sure wouldn't mind those fireworks day in and day out without the separation. It's just that with these miserable periods of loneliness you notice them more.
Just think... 57 more hours.... (okay, so maybe that doesn't sound as cool to you as it does to me)