Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Love Deeply

I want to make a big plaque and hang it in our house with those simple words to remind me every day how dear my husband is, how precious our marriage is, and that a honeymoon between a man and his wife doesn't have to end the day they step foot off the plane that brought them home from their exotic vacation. LOVE DEEPLY.

For some reason, in our culture, the norm is that once a man and a woman become married, that cute spark they have dissipates. They go back to being individuals, becoming consumed with the cares of their daily responsibilities. I don't understand why it has to be that way.

Perhaps being separated from my husband by a year long deployment, I learned to care very much for every moment we can share together. I know that every kiss is to be cherished, every touch of love is to be soaked in. I crave his presence, I revel in our union, and I pray that there never comes a day when I don't feel the passion.

I want to always be the couple that finds themselves kissing in a parking lot just because. I want to always be the wife who when my husband rolls over in bed just as I drift off to sleep and tells me that the 3 hours on the road at 6:30 the next morning would be too boring without me, I will be willing to go. Candle-lit dinners, goblets of wine, and twinkling smiles at each other across the table should never be reserved for only anniversaries and Valentine's Days'.

Life brings its cares and toils that can distract from our relationships, but marriage is something to be worked at. I believe that love can burn brightly as long as we don't forget to fan the embers.

Love always, love truly, love madly... LOVE DEEPLY.

7 comments:

LeAnna said...

Love is a choice, and that means choosing to love deeply. I think a "few years down the road" most all couples find themselves in a place of revaluation, and at that time, whenever it comes...life is all the sweeter if you just choose to fan the embers and let the spark surprise you again and again and again. :)

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed. And I do believe that true love like that exists. Just not everyone gets to experience and travel such an idyllic road. Some people have just been too battered by life and what came their way, to have such a 'blessed' start to married life and the years that follow. Even with the Lord in their lives.

Sometimes people find Him after a lot of damage has been done.

However, you are one of the 'lucky' ones. Enjoy every kiss, every flutter of the heart, every moment. Just know that you are one of the few who experience a true fairytale.

Joy said...

Thank you Brit. I too want to Love Deeply and enjoy every moment. Thank you for the reminder to never take our time together for granted.

Abigail said...

I found your blog the other day and have read a lot of it! You guys are SO sweet! I love your story! And thanks for sharing this little post about loving deeply. If everyone would just remember that, I'm sure there would be much fewer divorces in our world!

When my time comes to enjoy the experience of marriage, I pray that I will be able to do with the passion and excitement that you exhibit!

God Bless!

Gretchen said...

Thanks for this wonderful reminder. My husband and I both desire our marriage to be like this as well and so it's great to see other couples with this same goal. You are a blessing to me!

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

Fair Maiden said...

Amen! What a great post, Brittney! Thank you for sharing! :)